Variety - HV A376
This page on Interpreting Varieties Pages provides information on the terms used below.
A376 was one of the best performers in RVT Series 3, it was ahead of the standards at all sites except Wirra Willa.
|Royalty Status||PBR Provisional Protection. (See Post)|
|Early Yield/Ha||Moderately Precocious|
|Kern Recovery||45 - 50%|
|Whole Kernels||50 - 65%|
|Kernel Wt||2.5 - 3.0|
|First Grade||95 - 100%|
|Flower Season||Mid Season|
|Harvest Season||Early to Mid|
|Tree Size||Medium, Upright|
Back to Top
A376 appears to perform well in most locations.
- It has high kernel recovery, but we have not seen much insect damage in it at Hidden Valley.
The variety is in very early stages of adoption, no obvious faults have been observed at this stage.
- Its performance at RVT 3 site Wirra Willa, an AVG potential site, was average.
RVT Series 3 (RVT3) was a multi-region trial conducted on behalf of the Australian industry. It included a total of 30 genotypes as follows
- Five industry Standards. The Standards at most sites were HAES 246, HAES 344, HAES 741, HAES 816 and HV A16. The exceptions were at Wirrawilla HAES 246 and HAES 741 were swapped with HAES 842 and HV A268; at Childers HAES 344 was not available.
- 20 industry selections
- Five Hidden Valley selections A376, A403, A422, A447 and A538 discussed in these pages.
Using the basic measure of Gross Income/Ha/Yr calculated from RVT3 data years 4 to 9 as basis for comparison, HV A376 performed as follows
- Averaged across all sites it was $5,457/Ha ahead of the Standards by year nine of the trials.
- Ahead of the Standards at all sites except Wirrawilla.
- Acheived three site-specific Top 5 rankings, one site-specific Top 10 ranking, and an all-sites Top 5 ranking
|Gross Income/Ha/Yr in RVT3|
Mean of Years 4 to 9, $5/kg base price
/Ha to Y9
5 or 10?
|De Cortez (B1)||$8,654||$7,908||$746||$4,474||Top 10|
|Booyan (B2)||$13,123||$11,018||$2,105||$12,631||Top 5|
|Bundy Sugar (B3)||$9,383||7,563||$1,820||$10,919||Top 5|
|Childers (to yr 7)||$16,323||$14,441||$1,882||$11,292||Top 5|
|Mean All Sites||$11,137||$10,227||$910||$5,457||Top 5|
These charts provide year by year detail on the table above. The Orange/Green change in background colour indicates positive cash flow on a typical costs basis.
Notes on charts:
- Alstonville timeline is ~one month after the Bundaberg sites.
- The yellow sections indicate hand strip done at last harvest.
Our more detailed discussion of RVT Series 3 results is available here.
Back to Top
Compared to HAES 741, HV A376 has
- a more pointed leaf shape
- a broader leaf
- a thinner shell
Compared to HAES 816, HV A376 has
- a smoother shell texture
- a shorter raceme length
Compared to HV A16, HV A376 has
- less conspicuous leaf viens